Alternate with 10 V sits
10 Pull Ups
!0 Over head walking lunge
50 sec plank
10 Goblet squats
Split Lunge in the Front Rack Position
5 per side for 5 Rounds AHAP
Touch and Go with the knee
20 Min AMRAP
10 k/b swing
8 pendlay rows
10 Min AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible)
8 Renegade Rows
16 K/b swings
10 Min AMRAP
20 Walking Lunges
30 Russian Twist
This workout is the same as the song, 12 Days of Christmas.
1+2+3+4.... and so on until you reach 12
1. 100m row or run
2. Pull ups
3. Goblet squats
5. Kettle Bell swings
6. Push Ups
7. Hollow rocks
8. Forward alternating lunges
9. Wall Balls
12. Slam balls
The blasted double under is my topic today! You either love them or you hate them. But you will do them! In my opinion the double under has got to be one of the first skills to learn and to master. Firstly, what is a double under? When skipping a rope a D/U (double under) is when the rope passes under twice for one turn of the rope. Why is it so important to learn? It, in my opinion, is an easier element in CrossFit. I use easier very loosely here! But, my point is most everyone can jump and turn their wrists. In my class all beginners start out with the same progressions.
- Get really comfortable with single skips. Do singles quickly and consistently!
- Prep for the D/U by doing 2 small jumps then a higher jump, get comfortable with that.
- Start to practice whipping the rope for then second pass.
There are a few things you need to consider when doing a D/U
1. The rope: it can be a cheaper plastic run of the mill rope or it can be a more expensive one like the one pictured above. In this case you get what you pay for. I personally have the Rx and love it.
2. Your jump needs to be relaxed, in one place and feet shouldn't pike or donkey kick.
3. Heels should make contact with the floor, don't stay on your toes or your calves will hate you!
4. Midline stability!!! Keep your core engaged
5. Elbows tight to your sides, don't let them drift out. This will shorten your rope and you will trip.
6. Wrist!! This is where the magic happens!! Don't turn the rope from your shoulder, its a strong turning of the wrist that makes the double under happen!
7. Practice Practice Practice!!! Every day and I promise there will come a day where you won't have whip marks on your legs and forearms from all the missed attempts.